What to name my duckies?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LaynaDon95, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    I have 1 Magpie and 1 Khaki Campbell that turned a week old today. They are both girls,or are supposed to be.
    The Khaki is a little bossy. She's a bit more timid and less trusting than the Magpie. (Though peas are working wonders with that!) She likes to explore and climb.

[​IMG]

The Magpie is more laid back. She likes to be petted. (is that a word? [​IMG]) She's very curious and LOVES to try to eat anything shiny, almost like a wild Magpie bird. She tries to eat my camera, earrings, ears, nose, eyes (ouch) anything.
    [​IMG]
    I need a name for each of them. I'm considering Mary and Martha, like the sisters in the bible. I would like names that mean something, and not really common duck names like Quackers. (I have nothing against Quackers, but I'm looking for something a bit more original. [​IMG]) However, I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?

(I'll try to get a better pic of the Khaki. She's a bit more camera shy than the Magpie.)

2. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Wow look at those cuties!

3. duckins

duckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    I have 2 really bossy ladies Itsy Bell she was the smallest and Francis very particular bossy little lady. Sweetest girls are Carmelia and buttercup your babes are adorable the magpie looks like a Molly but think on it and watch ther personalities also have one week olds Agnes Gerty Tootsie Florence and Lula Lou #2 [​IMG] 3 of the 5 babies

4. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    They are cute! I love their names!
    I would consider Molly, but one of my closest friend's name is Molly. And my Aunt has a dog named Mollie.
    I'm considering Paisley for the Magpie and Sage for the Khaki. I like the Mary/Martha idea, but I just don't think Martha fits either of them. I like Paisley and Sage though. It has a good sound to it.

5. Kmoreau

Kmoreau Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    What about paisley and Dottie? They have a connection... Two different patterns... I could see the magpie being a Dottie for sure...

I agree that Martha isn't fitting for them

You could do Mary and Maggie for ( Mary magdalene) but Maggie sounds alittle clique for a magpie hahaha

6. Jmanvanatta

Jmanvanatta Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    For the magpie i was thinking Aderyn wich is wealsh for Bird, also magpie duck where developed in Wales. For the Kacki Annie because it fits

7. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    I love the name Maggie. I have proof, because I named my dog Maggie. [​IMG] So I'm afraid that name is taken. I like the name Dottie, but all my animals have names ending with an "ee" sound. Maggie, Toby, Lilly, etc. I want something that ends differently. I've about decided on Paisley for the Magpie. I'm still considering other names, but so far I really like Paisley and Sage and it seems to fit them both.

8. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    I like your thinking. That's really clever. Your animals must have great names. [​IMG]

9. Jmanvanatta

Jmanvanatta Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Well Thanks! HAHA they do, or at least i think they do[​IMG]

10. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    What kind of rooster is in your pic? I had one that looked just like it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by