What to name my eight little chicks on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by obsessedwchicks, Feb 12, 2013.

1. obsessedwchicks

obsessedwchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    Thinking about naming my baby chicks I get on Saturday, but haven't decided. What are some cute names or suggestions y'all have?

2. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I wanted to name my first batch of chicks after super models but had to negotiate with my daughter who wanted Harry Potter characters and Princesses and Greek Goddesses. I had a Tyra and a Heidi (super models) Luna, Ginny & Hermoine (Harry Potter) as well as Minerva (Harry Potter AND Greek Goddess) Kate (Princess) Dianna (Princess and Greek Goddess) Juno (goddess) plus Zena (Warrior Princess).

3. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    Ahhh, Harry Potter names! Gotta love it. I've only came up with Lucy. hahaha

4. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    How about the girls from Sound of Music...let's see..Liesl, Louisa, Brigitta and Gretl plus Maria of course...darn...that's only 5. You could add Barroness Schraeder and figure out a few of the nuns names. Google gave me "Sister Berthe, Sister Sophia, Sister Margaretta, and the Mother Abbess"

Might use a few of these for my next batch!

5. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    Love Maria! That's such a pretty name. :) Thank you!

6. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    I am using a female Chef theme for some of mine because they make my breakfast :) Julia, Rachel, Paula and Carla (from Top Chef) are all on order. My Easter Eggers have a religious theme and they are my SS and I hope my little mothers so they are Mary and Theresa.

Find a theme you like and run with it and have fun naming and caring for your new chicks!

7. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    I'm thinking Lucy, Paula, Hepburn, Monroe and then the other four I have no idea! haha. I love the chef idea. My nickname sometimes that my mom calls me is Paula Deen! haha

8. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    I love the name Sadie. What kind of chicks are you getting? I have a silver laced wyandotte in todays shipment, as soon as I figure out which one is her, i'll call her Lacey. Someone I know named the barred rock I gave her 'Barb'. I think it's kinda cute to name chickens according to breed :)

9. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    Four golden sex links and four Delawares. So so excited!

10. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I'm using "names likely to be heard in a retirement community but not in a nursery". Gertrude, Hazel, Eleanor, Violet, Claire, and Gloria are the current 6. I've also had a Maggie, Delilah, and Pearl.

Another naming theme I considered is "herbs and spices". Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon, Tarragon, Parsley, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by