What to name my eight little chicks on Saturday.

big_smile.png
you could even just substitute one of those names and call a chicken Mrs. Brady :)

I'm using "names likely to be heard in a retirement community but not in a nursery". Gertrude, Hazel, Eleanor, Violet, Claire, and Gloria are the current 6. I've also had a Maggie, Delilah, and Pearl.

Another naming theme I considered is "herbs and spices". Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon, Tarragon, Parsley, etc.

Great names! At least in our part of the country names likely to be heard in a nursing home are the most popular in nurseries! Haha. My daughter had a Hazel, Violet and 2 Elenores in various classes she was in. She's six :)

I find names don't stick we'll unless we wait for the animal to "tell us" their name. I tried to name my cat Earnest, Johnny and Clyde before he finally ended up being Wash. It fits him perfectly. Our four chicks are Tiny (named by my daughter), Buffle (named by DH) and Huckle and Novalee. We're getting 25 more next week, that will be trickier.

That's exactly how my folks ended up with a BR named Fence.
big_smile.png
Love it!
After Japanese names from my daughter and Shakespeare character names (of the wrong gender) from my son, I finally intervened and named our last two. -had to override one of the last. -poor gal was dubbed "Publius" by the quirky son. -although I appreciated his knowledge of/fascination with The Federalist Papers, I didn't think the name was quite becoming of a dainty hen.....

Great names! At least in our part of the country names likely to be heard in a nursing home are the most popular in nurseries! Haha. My daughter had a Hazel, Violet and 2 Elenores in various classes she was in. She's six
smile.png

I find names don't stick we'll unless we wait for the animal to "tell us" their name. I tried to name my cat Earnest, Johnny and Clyde before he finally ended up being Wash. It fits him perfectly. Our four chicks are Tiny (named by my daughter), Buffle (named by DH) and Huckle and Novalee. We're getting 25 more next week, that will be trickier.
Good luck with the 25! I'm having a hard time as you can tell naming 8. lol

Back
Top Bottom