What to say about poo on free eggs?

Indiana hens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Pendleton, Indiana
I gave 3 dozen eggs to the office manager to make noodles. She opened them and there was a poo smear on 1 egg. She complained about it. All I could say was that I did not wash them(GF did). What would have been the proper comment?

I would be tempted to say that it wasn't poo it was flavoring. But seriously, maybe remind someone that these are actually coming from a place where chickens aren't kept in boxes their whole lives and that small amounts of 'dirt' sometimes are on the eggs, besides, they are FREE

wellll... first off I think it was rather rude for her to even make such a statement given they were FREE EGGS
roll.png
and secondly, I would have just said "Oh..guess one slipped by in the inspection process..thats chickens for ya!
wink.png
"

I give away all my extra eggs (and the ones that I do sell at hubby's work I only sell for 1.50 a dozen) so if someone complained that ONE egg had "something on it" I wouldnt be giving that person any more eggs, period. Rude plain and simple - if they want organic eggs from someone else - they can pay the $4.50 a dozen becauses thats the going rate for most.
big_smile.png

Nice that you gave away so many eggs.

Not everyone gets it. They should see what the rest of their food supply comes into contact with. And they probably aren't a hand washer either, so they add the so called flavoring to everything they eat. Just thinking about that should bring a smile to your face everytime the office manger has a bite!!
Don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes less words speak volumes.
Have a pleasant day. I am off to contaminate food in the restaurant LOL

Back
Top Bottom