What treats do your chickens get?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Peachesbabychick, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everybody! There was another post similar to this, but it got up to some 8 thousand replies, so I thought it was time to start a new one.

Have fun! I'll start:

BOSS, corn, cat food, radish leaves, string cheese, yogurt, garlic bread, biscuits, and bread.

They all had full crops after that meal! [​IMG]

2. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Today - pumpkin walnut bread, tomatoes, chicken salad, meatloaf, and bread crust.

It was the first time my 5-week old's got tomato scraps - LOL - chicken football!!!

3. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Pumpkin walnut bread? That sounds delicious!

4. OmyChickens

OmyChickens Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2011
    Pasa-Get-Down-Dena
    Frozen peas in a Kong dog toy.. a million times better than watching tv! Watching them kick that thing all over the yard trying to get peas to fall out is hilarious.
    They got the cabbage tether ball today... they were not so excited about that...

My girls get alot of greens.. I like the greenish yolks..

Fun thread! Im curious to see what kind of treats everyone is getting... and to get some new ideas [​IMG]

5. SeramasLovers

SeramasLovers Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Wichita,Ks
    Vietnamese fried rice which has rice, corn,peas,meat and extra greens.. [​IMG]

6. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Today - apple peels, meal worms and BOSS

7. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    I give them lentils and split peas as scratch daily and this morning they got leftover pancakes. That was a rare treat, cuz we don't usually have leftover pancakes!! [​IMG]

8. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    At the moment their favorite is crickets, but I give those sparingly. 11ยข each at Pet Smart.

This group isn't too hot on grapes, my old chickens loved grapes. Rice is a close second for both the new and old flock.

9. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Leftover tuna noodle casserole. They scarfed it down quicker than anything I have ever seen yet. Noodles were flying everywhere! Next time, I think they will need some napkins! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by