What type Ameraucana (or is it an EE?)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IndigoWrinkles, Mar 27, 2015.

1. IndigoWrinkles

IndigoWrinkles New Egg

Mar 22, 2015
    I got this chick from a locally owned farm store. I'm not sure where they get their chicks from, but they only get in small batches once or twice a month. I've gotten a cuckoo marans, a BO and a PR from them also.

Anyway, I picked up this chick that they labeled as an Ameraucana. They've had other Amereaucans there at different times in the last three months that were different colors (black with yellow patches, and chipmunk striped) This time they were all this golden/grey color. What do you think this one will be?

Also, do you think this is really an EE instead of a Ameraucana? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    What color are its legs? It's definitely not an Ameraucana, and doesn't really look like an Easter Egger, either.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It looks like it has puffy cheeks to me (though I'm not 100% sure--it can be hard to tell with photos), so I'm thinking you have a cute Easter Egger.

4. IndigoWrinkles

IndigoWrinkles New Egg

Mar 22, 2015
    She definitely has the cutest fluffy cheeks :). Her legs are a light pinkish grey color. You're right, she's probably an EE. That just means she's a mutt, right?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by