What Type Is This? Frizzle Variation?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chooks4life, Dec 12, 2013.

1. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Hi all. Don't know if someone's posted this already... Anyway, I can't post pics because they're not my pics, but here's a link to a strange Frizzle. He looks pretty fancy, lol. I am just wondering if this is a known type of Frizzle?

Quote:

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Interesting, they do say it changed when it molted, wonder if they could have used Safeguard/ Fenbendazole or one of those wormers or the bird was exposed to something like that and that had something to do with it?

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Okay, another reason I don't want to eat chicken from China [​IMG]

My mind says it has to be environmental, since the bird was normal when hatched to me that rules out a genetic mutation. I don't even want to know what would curl a bird's feathers.

4. chooks4life

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    I agree with both of you, it doesn't seem too likely to be genetic since it occurred so late.

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Almost looks like a sizzle to a sizzle

6. chooks4life

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Lol, ok, I'll have to take your word for it, since I've only recently discovered that there is such a thing as a Sizzle. Looks better than either a Silkie or a Frizzle, IMO, but I don't much like the potential health issues or genetic issues that comes with that sort of variation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by