What type of Americana is this?

Owenp_2

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Middle of North Carolina
Hi everyone two days ago I bought new hens and I am trying to figure out the exact breed of each of them. I am only having trouble with one I think she may be a blue wheaten Americana but I don’t know so can you help me please figure out what she is? DCA65885-E7EC-438A-9D68-EB85E91A359B.jpeg This is Imogene and she is an Americana. If you need a better picture I can try to find one tomorrow just say so.

Hi everyone two days ago I bought new hens and I am trying to figure out the exact breed of each of them. I am only having trouble with one I think she may be a blue wheaten Americana but I don’t know so can you help me please figure out what she is?View attachment 2265121This is Imogene and she is an Americana. If you need a better picture I can try to find one tomorrow just say so.
She is an Easter Egger. Americana is just a fancy label they slap on ’em. Pretty girl!

Yeah, just realizing this also. So:

Araucana =/= Ameraucana =/= Americana

Ameraucana = a derivative of Araucana
(it’s complicated) = standardized breed

Americana = deceptive ‘fancy’ name = Easter Egger = hybrid/cross involving Ameraucana or sometimes Legbars

Olive Eggers or any other “X” Eggers = Easter Egger

Easter Egger patterns don't have names because they don't fit an exact patterns. They can look similar to some patterns but not totally.

Back
Top Bottom