What type of bantam??

wornoutmomto3

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 6, 2014
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Both pictures are bantams, but there are so many different types I am not sure which they are. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

The front chick has feathered feet. There are two (I think females) that look like her.

I have several that look like the brown chick. What is she?
The mottled looking chick is a rescue, so I don't know what breed. The feet feathers are pretty minimal, but still there. What breed?

I think the brown chick in photo #2 could be a dark Brahma. The last chick looks to have a rose comb to me, so maybe a buff Wyandotte. Did they come from a feed store?

Yeah! They did. The first three from TSC and the other from a small family own feed and hardware store. The later carries a wide variety of poultry year round.

Last edited:
Interesting. Could you get a full body photo of chick one? It almost looks like her wing is gold laced but the body silver laced. I was wondering if she could be mixed breed but generally TSC should have purebreds!

She isn't too keen on staying still but here are two more shots.

This is a different chick, but it is feathering out very similar to the above chick.

She isn't too keen on staying still but here are two more shots. This is a different chick, but it is feathering out very similar to the above chick.
My guess is a silver laced Cochin bantam
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom