What type of chicken breed is my chicken?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by beanes, Oct 15, 2011.

1. beanes

beanes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    Haggard--my large white rooster (came as "Little Peeps") that grew very slowly--he was a big as a small chicken and still looked like a chick with chick fuzz--has grew a single "unicorn-like" horn on his comb and must be 20lbs. by now, and has feet as large as my hands. He is very friendly, but agressive to other hens and scared of other roosters (hides his head between his legs). He stands about 1 1/2 feet tall now that he is finally crowing (a very low gutteral crow). I' like to get him a mate (he seems lonely) but not sure what he is to look for another as I adopted him from a family that lives in a city which had bought their son a little chic last Easter and it had outgrown the birdcage that it had been raised in.

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG]
    We will need pics, but you can't post any until you reach 10 posts. Go around and play on the forum for a bit, and then come back. The characteristics of the bird (rose comb possibly, but a large fowl bird) are really strange...

ETA And get him some hens, ASAP! Chickens dont like being alone. Look on your local craigslist.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  3. beanes

Oct 15, 2011
    Thank you. I will post around, then see if I can upload a picture of his head that I took when he first developed his "horn".

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Doubt he's actually that heavy, but, pictures will really help [​IMG] You can't post any til you have 10+ posts but you can always submit the URL to them from Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

5. beanes

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm new to posting and chatting on internet totally...trying to get techno savy..this year. Decided today to see if I could find a website about chickens and found this...glad I did...hopefully I'll be able to post (and learn to post) pictures soon [​IMG]

6. beanes

Oct 15, 2011
    I've got pictures on my cell phone of Haggard since I send pictures of him regularly to the family that I adopted him from...they come to my farm every once and a while to visit him...like many of the families that I adopt from.

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Well, [​IMG] again. We are glad you found us!

To post pics, just put them on your desktop, and then click on the "uploads" at the top of this page. Then you just click "browse" and select the picture you want!

8. beanes

Oct 15, 2011
    Here's my Haggard picture...[​IMG]
    Hopefully it shows.

9. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Hmm...do you have a full body shot?

10. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

He sounds like a Cornish X and the head looks Cornish X as well. A body picture would be good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by