what type of chicken did this egg come from?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bock_Bock, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    here is a pic of the egg in question

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That could have come from many different chickens. It's light brown right? There's too many options to just guess.. [​IMG]

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Hard to tell from the pics. What type of chickens do you have? We get speckled ones like that every so often out of each of our hens. A lot of times you can actually just scrub that off.

4. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i picked it up from another person she said she never seen and egg like that so hopefully i will get it to hatch and i will come back here to let you guys know what comes from it

5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Here you can see it as number 48 i tried scratching off the specks but it didnt come off, but it is in my bator right now and due on sunday but i was just wondering what it might be look at the pic below again it is number 48
    [​IMG]

6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Looks just like my heritage turkey eggs (BRs). But turkeys take 28 days, not 21, to hatch.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thnak you it could be thanks

edited to say:
    so you mean an actual turkey lol i dont think it is one of those lol and plus i believe this egg is to small to be a turkeys but it is developing tho

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    It is too small to be a Turkey Egg, mine were 2 1/2 times the size of a standard chicken egg.

9. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Do you even know if it's from a purebred chicken? In my experience speckled eggs are more often from mutts and then it could be just about anything.

10. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    maybe it is a mut but the flock was mostly jersey giants or little silkies lol what a mix of flock huh lol but we will see i will post pics on here when it hatches

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by