What type of chicken is this?

That depends on what you mean by "show" - are you thinking of using her for 4-H/FFA type showing or are you wanting to show in APA poultry shows? Easter Eggers, being mixed breed, are not eligible for showing in APA type shows, but may be able to be used as project birds for 4-H, FFA, etc. For the latter, your best source of information is your local 4-H office as they can tell you whether mixed breed birds are allowed for the county and/or state level showing (I would suspect county will likely not be as much of an issue, but state level showing may be)

X2 on that.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

I was also wandering if you could make/encourage a hen to go broody. Also I really want to order some chicken eggs and the only pace that has them available right now is eBay. Has anyone ever ordered from eBay? I would honestly rather order chicks but you have to get at least 15 and I only want 3. So if any of you have advice on where to get them or if some of yall are selling them that would be great! The only place that you can buy 3 of them costs way too much for my budget. I want bantams btw!!!!!!

P.S. All of my chickens and ducks escaped last night but I thankfully caught them all and put the back in their pen! The one that we have been talking about was soaking wet! I'll let her dry then post some pics!

I am looking for bantam chicks for sale!!!!!!!! If anyone has any that are 1-7 days old for sale please PM me!!!!!

I NEED FEEDBACK ASAP!!!!!!!! My chicken that we were discussing just layer an egg and won't sit on it! I guess she's not broody:(. So, I put it in the nest of one of my other chickens that doesn't even lay yet and she is sitting on it! Is this okay? And I candled it and I couldn't see anything? Was it too "young" to be candled? I have two roosters in with my hens! PLEAS REPLY ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Great news!!!! I might be getting two banties tomorrow or a silkie!!! I'm super excited! I hope my mom and stepdad let me! I'm only 12 lol! I plan on putting a small crate in the car before we go to the feed store tomorrow. I'm going to have to sneak it but I get up earlier than everyone else so that isn't a problem! Then I'm going to take all of my money with me and hopefully they'll let me! My mom was going to let me order some but they were too expensive so I hope this works! I think my stepdad is the problem! Do y'all think this will work? I need feedback ASAP!!!!! Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom