What type of chickens do I have??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by goatcrazed6, Oct 19, 2009.

1. goatcrazed6

goatcrazed6 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    upstate NY
    Was wondering if anyone can help me out on the type of pullets I have. They are around 17-20 weeks. No eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    The red ones are either RIR or production reds.

The white one, we need to see comb and feet.

The black ones, do they have brown hatching on the chest?

3. killions123

killions123 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Ashland OH
    They look like rhode island reds and I think the white one looks like a white rock.

4. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    I'd say you have some RIR's there. It's hard to tell with the black ones at that angle. Could be an Australorp or a Black Star (if it has a red/brown pattern on the chest).

It also appears you have the rare white four-legged variety. [​IMG]

5. goatcrazed6

Oct 19, 2009
    upstate NY
    the black pullets have a beautiful greenish tint to their feathers and the reddish/brown

6. goatcrazed6

Oct 19, 2009
    upstate NY
    after looking up pics of the white rock, I think that may be what I have. The RIR is what I thought. Two of the RIR have a band on their leg. Does that mean anything? Sorry, like I said I am totally a newbie. And from the pics I am leaning towards the black star on the blacks.
    The "white rocks" have a spot from under their vent up the belly that is bare and looks irritated. Is their skin a naturally deep pink? We had 3 of these but had to "get rid of" one because her insides kept coming out. It was gross.
    Can't wait for eggs!! I am very excited.
    Thank you everyone for all your help, opinions, whatever. I am very eager to learn.

7. killions123

killions123 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Ashland OH
    Yep that is what my black star looks like. your white one maybe a white rock x cornish (meat bird) due to the feathers missing. Anyone else have a suggestion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by