What type of Christmas decoration has your dog stolen?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by annanicole18, Dec 1, 2009.

1. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    Oh geez I look over my shoulder and sure enough my year old pup has a little stuffed bear angel in his mouth taken off the entertainment center. The poor is already missing an eyeball from his five minutes or less of obtaining it. [​IMG] What can you do when you have taken all his stuffed animals away because your DH is sick of finding dead stuffed animal around the house. The tree is still standing so far.... Tis the season and I thought it would be fun to hear others stories.
    [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Well, it wasn't technically a decoration, but I had to use some Christmas gift savings to replace it. My husband's lab retrieved the motor from the neighbor's garden pond that pumps the water and chewed it up. I think I was more mad at the dog that the neighbor was! She thought it was hilarious!

3. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    The cat we had years ago would clamp on to the beaded garland and run with it. I think the one year he knocked the tree down a dozen times!

My DH's ancient lab/huskey ( who doesn't live with us as we were never able to mesh him in with my dogs he lives with my DH's mom). Gets into chocolate at least once every christmas(yes I know dangerous) and just last week he raided the fridge and the only thing he touched was the nesquick chocolate sauce. I guess he had it all over the whole house and himself(he's white) AND this was only a few days after eating half a bag of bone meal fertilizer(which required a vet visit with a prescription of pepto, but he still puked all over the house)

Now that I think of it maybeI'm glad it never worked out with my dogs....

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    LOL!

Our 9 y/o Mini schnuazer likes to stand on the arm of the couch, lean over, and VERY VERY Slowly take an ornament off. So far she hasnt stolen any but we are waiting and watching.

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    We had a chow/shepard for 5 years before we had any children. Poco was our baby and always got wrapped presents to open. On my daughters first Christmas we woke up to find that Poco had opened and slobbered all over all of her toys. [​IMG] For years after that we would have to wait until Christmas morning to put any toys under the tree.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine can't reach my tree... I have a 4ft tall fiber optic that I put up on a little square (but 2 1/2' tall) end table... makes the tree the typical 6' or so, but gets it off the ground... AND I can pile lots of presents UNDER the tree so I don't have to expand outward too much... that IS problematic with dogs that still have 'accidents' (oddly enough after you've done something to irk them)

Though, in general the will snarf on any kind of stuffed anything... earlier they were caught trying to disembowel a pillow. [​IMG]

7. Sammimom

Sammimom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Sammamish,WA
    My childhood cat was obsessed with a little silver ball ornament with a bell in it. It was metal, so unbreakable, but you could hear him rolling that thing all over the house!

So far I haven't had a dog with an ornament issue, but we do have a dog who will disembowel stuffed animals...a sad thing with three children...[​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My dogs are pretty well behaved as far as Christmas decorations go... the male may try to pee on the bushes I put lights on but he'd be on that bush with or without the lights...

Now our cats through the years.... think they are jungle cats and find it much to their amusement to climb the tree and bat at dangling ornaments. naughty...naughty...naughty....

we've had plenty of tipped over trees and crashes and smashed ornaments.... naughty... naughty... naughty nitties!!

9. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    We have to keep our presents in bins until Christmas eve, so our male cats don't have a "Marking Contest" all over our presents!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by