What type of game- cam?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Pro_Gymnast32, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Pro_Gymnast32

Pro_Gymnast32 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2009
    West Coast
    Hi everybody! I am interested in getting a game-cam to see what animals use the creek behind our house as their "highway." I know we have raccoons, skunks, opussums, rats, coyotes, and we believe there was a mountain lion that came around before, (but one was hit on the freeway, could have been it). I know moultrie is a good brand, but I wanted to know what type you all have, and if you have any good pics you could share. Thanks!![​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Ive heard the moultrie i-40 is great & im actually planning to get a few of them when I have a little bit of extra cash [​IMG]

4. Pro_Gymnast32

Jan 10, 2009
    West Coast
    Thanks for the input, the Bushnell's looked really nice, but a little more than I wanted to spend, and the moultries I kept finding had bad reviews. [​IMG] I ended up purchasing a Primo 35 trail cam from amazon it was only $87 plus two day shipping.... because I'm impatient [​IMG] And it totaled $99. I wish we had hunting stores here, but we don't! I'll post pics probably Saturday afternoon, since I'm getting the camera Friday. I'm so excited to see what is out in our yard at night! [​IMG] http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Truth-...&s=sporting-goods&qid=1296067328&sr=8-1-spell

5. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    I have both a Moultie I40, which Im totally satisfied with except I broke the IR aim on it<oops> but it still takes great pictures, and a Bushnell Trophy Cam, which also takes great pics and has a wonderful 45 IR flash that lights up just as much at night on the pics as the Moultrie. THe thing I like the best about the Bushnell is its small and you can hide it easy. I have a StealthCam also but I dont like it as much because it only has a 30 ft IR flash and takes awful pics at night and has gone thru 4 sets of C batteries and Ive only had it four months. I wont buy one of those again. Good luck with your cam!!

Rammy

6. Pro_Gymnast32

Jan 10, 2009
    West Coast
    My camera got here yesterday and I love it! I got it, set it up, and was ready for action! I was really hoping for something shocking! [​IMG] But sadly nothing..... now waiting I just wait for the animals to come along! I'm going to go put it in the chicken run today to see their secret lives. [​IMG] Hope you all of a great day!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by