What type of plywood

Chickylove12

Songster
Nov 7, 2017
Ontario Canada
I live in Canada.. but the states is just a stones throw away from me. We have snowy cold winters and hot summers. I have heard that advantech plywood is good to use when building coop ..only available in states..and close to $40 A sheet. When I read the write up on it..it says that it's not been treated. So how can I use it for exterior walls..roof...floor? Then I read about this zip plywood? Is it more sensible to use regular exterior treated plywood?

I'm a big proponent of Advantech. I used the sub floor for my entire coop. The zip system is good if your going to cover the outside with siding. I plan on painting mine.
I live in the snow belt of Ohio. I didn't get the coop painted before winter and you can barely tell it spent 6 months in moisture.
20181103_173554.jpg Nov. 3, 2018. I took this when I finally got a door on the front. By the date you can see why I didn't paint...
VideoCapture_20190618-125449.jpg June 11, 2019
It's not swollen and waterlogged or falling apart. The color changed a bit from all the weather but it's not damaged at all.

eta: I'm dealing with flooding. Water is leaking in under the base plate on one side of the coop, and the Advantech is still not saturated.

I ended up getting 3/4 inch treated CDX plywood that was noted for extreme weather conditions. $37 A sheet at Lowe's in odensberg. That will be our flooring anyway to start with up on cinder blocks.

Back
Top Bottom