What type of Polish is He? Mix?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenzoo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

This is Buddy, My husbands favorite chicken, follows him everywhere. What is Buddy a mix of? He is wet in this pic from the rain.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    He looks like a WC red polish, they are not recognized by the APA yet. But he looks like he might have something else in him, maybe another color of polish. He is a beauty!

Maybe a poorly bred golden laced polish or a WC redxgolden polish mix. His tail is high for a polish too, and he doesn't have slate blue legs, or is that just the flash?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'd say he had some sort of game breed in him, as well as polish.

4. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Buddy is really handsome. I want one like him.[​IMG]

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    :thumbsuphe is so butiful i have a rooster that use to follow me evrywear but i dont know what happend

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:I agree, he looks like a WC red x gold laced.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:His legs are ghost white!

8. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT

Well defiantly not a pure polish then or even 2 different colors of polish if he has white legs. Polish are suppose to have slate blue legs. How big is he?

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass

Well defiantly not a pure polish then or even 2 different colors of polish if he has white legs. Polish are suppose to have slate blue legs. How big is he?

When I got WC red polish from Ideal, half of them had white legs, do it may be possible that they could just be out of hatchery stock...although he could be a mix...

10. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Well defiantly not a pure polish then or even 2 different colors of polish if he has white legs. Polish are suppose to have slate blue legs. How big is he?

When I got WC red polish from Ideal, half of them had white legs, do it may be possible that they could just be out of hatchery stock...although he could be a mix...

True and the WC red polish are still be worked on, they aren't recognized by the APA yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by