1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What type of rooster do I have

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nwcharlie, Mar 13, 2016.

1. nwcharlie

nwcharlie New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    [​IMG]Thought it was mille fleur, but no feathered feet and a bit too large?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Looks like a leghorn cross of some sort. Perhaps a mille fleur/red leghorn cross. He is a beautiful bird.

3. nwcharlie

nwcharlie New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    Thank you for the response, he is beautiful, unfortunately his temperament is not as nice as his appearance :)

4. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I sort of figured he had a 'bad' attitude because of the look and posturing in the picture. Don't let him get away with any BS. You are bigger than him and human aggression can be dangerous especially if children are involved.

5. nwcharlie

nwcharlie New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    Yes, and that's the reason we got the chickens in the first place, my daughter is obsessed with animals. He is probably going to have to move on soon...luckily 3 of the 4 we got are friendly girls that are laying 4-5 eggs per week each.

6. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Can you post a picture of the hens?

7. nwcharlie

nwcharlie New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    Here you go [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I was hoping that you had some hens like him - was going to try to convince you to hatch some eggs. Yep, I am an enabler. [​IMG]

9. nwcharlie

nwcharlie New Egg

Mar 13, 2016
    We did hatch five actually 4 from the olive Egger and one from the moran[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by