what type of rooster is this??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ihavechickens2, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ihavechickens2

ihavechickens2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2012
    Jemison, Alabama
    can anyone tell me what type of rooster this is? is he mixed with somthing?
    [​IMG]

this is his son.
    [​IMG]

2. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    how big are they? considering how they look and that you are in Alabama they are probably American Games. Or at least he is, his son may be a cross if you hatched him out of regular stock and raised him

3. ihavechickens2

Jun 28, 2012
    Jemison, Alabama
    Thats what i thought also but someone told me that games have to have blue feet and these have white. I belive they are standard, because they are bigger than my cochin and silkies.

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends on the color of game for the shanks color, yours definitely looks like some sort of red coloring, and non dubbed, which looks great [​IMG]

5. ihavechickens2

Jun 28, 2012
    Jemison, Alabama
    thanks,is there a name for his color.

6. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    for the show standard American games need blue legs and straight combs. Often not the case in the majority of the real American Game large fowl out there. That's because the blue leg/straight comb thing combs from bantams that were developed for show. Birds of your color are often just called reds. They may be Red Wheaton or Red Duckwing (B.B. Red). You wouldn't absolutely know unless you had seen them as chicks or seen hens of the line they came from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by