what type of syringe for feeding orally?

old biddy

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Lamont, Florida
My peachicks are not taking their medicines (Safeguard for worming) in their food like I thought
they would. I know it is best to give Safeguard directly to each bird orally but I need to obtain a
proper syringe that will do the job without the risk of choking the bird. What type of syringe is used
for this? The ones I have don't have a long enough tip to reach behind the tongue and I don't want to
hurt my chicks. What type should I get? Any advice out there?

My peachicks are not taking their medicines (Safeguard for worming) in their food like I thought
they would. I know it is best to give Safeguard directly to each bird orally but I need to obtain a
proper syringe that will do the job without the risk of choking the bird. What type of syringe is used
for this? The ones I have don't have a long enough tip to reach behind the tongue and I don't want to
I used my kids children’s Tylenol syringe for regular chicks. I don’t put it in there mouth - I tip them a little sideways and put a little at a time on there beak. They drink it naturally. Depending on how many this process would be tedious though. I only do this for a sick chick now and then.

I use a 1 ml syringe.
1_ml_syringe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom