what type would this be

birdman55

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 22, 2014
michigan
My Coop
My Coop
i recently got this bird from my aunt and she was unsure of what kind good old henry would be .....any ideas here is the parents and he is henry at the bottom

You should change Henry name since its a girl
wink.png
, father is india blue white eye and his mom is a black shoulder hen not sure which color is this but could be cameo, That means your girl is india blue split black shoulder and could also carry one copy of white eye gene. White eye means these white eyes in his father train.

Last edited:
Yes that peachick in the last picture looks like a male. You can tell because of all the barring covering the wing feathers. Peahens start to lose the barring on their wing feathers while the males retain it.

the last pic this one
the bird is starting to get blueish/green on the back on the lower partof the neck and starting to get the color as well on the top of the birds head...stilll have the same conclusion that this bird is a male....

the last pic this one
the bird is starting to get blueish/green on the back on the lower partof the neck and starting to get the color as well on the top of the birds head...stilll have the same conclusion that this bird is a male....

It looks male to me, both sexes will start out with a greenish blue feathers on their necks and heads. As they age the males will molt and each time those feathers will grow back looking more blue and less green, the hens will stay green.

Back
Top Bottom