vwarner

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2016
Largo
[/IMG][/IMG]

They're 5 weeks old and super sweet
The black chicken has feathery feet and white wings underneath
Thanks!

The black one sounds like a black copper maran. The yellow and white an Easter Egger. The lavender one i have heard of the breed name befor but I can't remember the name. And the second picture maybe an Easter Egger. That's it like junebugg said blue Andalusian.

Last edited:
All I can say with certainty is the gold/white looks to be a Gold Sexlink, which would make her a her.

The other 2 need much better photos to be able to identify.

I'm not seeing Cochin in the black one as the tail isn't moppish enough, but I could believe Marans....if I saw it in full profile standing upright. I need to clearly see legs, feathering, and shanks. I can say if it has yellow feet and heavy leg feathering, it is likely a banatm Cochin or possibly Cochin mix...but again it doesn't look very Cochin to me in that photo.

Grey bird...I've had lots of grey birds...from a lot of mixes. You can have Blue Marans as well. Yes, it might be Blue Andalusian, but I'd need to see full profile, in particular if it is starting to show white earlobe. It could even be Blue Marans as American Marans have no leg feathers (which by the way should be only on the outside of the leg down the outside toe for a Marans).

However, none of them are EEs by the typical sense. There are no signs of that (green legs, beards/muffs, pea combs).

Can you get better photos so we can see them standing upright in full profile?

LofMc

Last edited:
Agree the gold bird looks like a sex link, pullet. If she's from a hatchery.

We need better pics of the other birds. Profile shots of the birds standing naturally in good light.

Thanks! Two of the pictures didn't post but I will try to take better pictures of them today

I tried to post those two pictures yesterday, didn't seem to work though. Again, I'll get better pictures today

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom