What Variety are we...Calling GinasMarans!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dustin Biery, May 23, 2008.

1. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I recently received these birds they are marans supposed to be from a very reputable breeder. I am not familiar with this breed, hope someone is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Well, looks like
    splash
    birchen/copper
    blue
    black
    birchen/copper
    silver blue

It is kinda obvious on the sex of them. The feather legged ones are French, the clean legged ones are English/American.
    Now that I pointed the obvious out, lets see if any one else has names for the weird birchen ones, lol. Yes Dustin you can hate me again for my super smarts, lol.

3. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Nah, Mike, you expertise is greatly appreciated and just proves that I dont always know as much as I think I do LOL....But the ones you are saying are birchen/copper, you think that is a cross of the two or is it a recognized variety. I know nothing about these birds except the FL ones are French and the CL are American. So at least I did know something.

4. Plymouthroxgal

Plymouthroxgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Looks Like a Blue ...[​IMG]

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Well I am thinking they are a cross of the two. They arent white so they cant be birchen but they arent dark enough to be copper(brown red) so I say they are a cross of the two. My first thought was that they are the result of a silver ducking x black but I dont think they have that color in marans here.

6. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    That first one has beautiful feathering [​IMG] Of course they are all lovely birds though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by