What Variety are we...Calling GinasMarans!!!!

Dustin Biery

Songster
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Mulberry, Arkansas
I recently received these birds they are marans supposed to be from a very reputable breeder. I am not familiar with this breed, hope someone is.

Picture251.jpg

Picture252.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture254.jpg

Picture255.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Last edited:
Well, looks like
splash
birchen/copper
blue
black
birchen/copper
silver blue

It is kinda obvious on the sex of them. The feather legged ones are French, the clean legged ones are English/American.
Now that I pointed the obvious out, lets see if any one else has names for the weird birchen ones, lol. Yes Dustin you can hate me again for my super smarts, lol.

Nah, Mike, you expertise is greatly appreciated and just proves that I dont always know as much as I think I do LOL....But the ones you are saying are birchen/copper, you think that is a cross of the two or is it a recognized variety. I know nothing about these birds except the FL ones are French and the CL are American. So at least I did know something.

Well I am thinking they are a cross of the two. They arent white so they cant be birchen but they arent dark enough to be copper(brown red) so I say they are a cross of the two. My first thought was that they are the result of a silver ducking x black but I dont think they have that color in marans here.

Back
Top Bottom