What was i thinking...heres your pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by redhen, Jan 14, 2009.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    okay...here is the girl that lays the pretty light blue eggs....the Ameracauna (sp?)...i think she is a Wheaton....(whatever that means...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is the one that lays the light green eggs...supposed to be an Aracauna.....but shes not rumpless...so....my guess is shes just an EE....(no idea what color they would call her though)...her name is Rainbow...;o)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is dustbathing

[​IMG]

Also...remember these are pullet pics....they have filled out alot since the pics were taken...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Them there are some Purdy Birds !!

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    If your going to tell us how 'pretty' the blue eggs are, you should post a pic too. I'd like to see them [​IMG]

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    thanks guys!...LOL...i was posting this for "what was i thinking"...she may be taking them this weekend at the poultry show...she said she wanted some blue egg layers,and i have some....and i want more room come this spring for MORE chickens....hehehe....[​IMG]...

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:hum...now ya got me thinking if i have pics of the eggs in my computer....lol....i'll check!...[​IMG]

6. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    okay,...they are washed out from my flash....and look almost white in this pic...but they are a light blue and greenish/blue color...but..they are nothing compared to some of the blue/green eggs i've seen on here!....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    WoW...those are some Dark Brown eggs. I was thinking you were meaning YOUR blue eggs were going to be that BLUE BLUE color. I like your Dark Brown eggs.....those are pretty. I am going to the show on Sunday and i am hearing its going to be snowing then [​IMG]

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:no..my blue eggs are a light blue..lol..like i said in the post...goof!....(like a mint green color and a baby blue color).... but nothing compared to some i have seen on here!..some peoples are REAL blue color...[​IMG]... i think i am going on Sat.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hey.....did you go back and change that LOL maybe its friday? Nope, i guess i just saw what i wanted to see. I'm known for that here at home [​IMG] I like both of those hens......very pretty colors. I dont know how you can part with them. What chicken belongs to the dark brown eggs??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by