What was your free chick from Murray McMurray?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Princess Silkie, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Princess Silkie

Princess Silkie New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Ohio
    So, I recently ordered some chickens from Murray McMurray hatchery. When I was checking out on the website, I was given the option to get a free mystery "rare and/or exotic chicken." Being a total cheapskate, I automatically went "[​IMG]FREE!!!!" and had to get it. I know it is unlikely to actually be rare or exotic, but I'm still really excited. In anticipation of my new chicks, I would really love and appreciate it if you would please tell what your free chick was and post a pic.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have ordered from them before and have gotten Easter Egger roosters, a Polish (IDK if hen or roo since I sold her very early on), and I can't remember any others sorry.

Enjoy your chicks when they arrive!!!

3. Princess Silkie

Princess Silkie New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Ohio
    Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait till mine arrive! : )

4. Sambi89

Sambi89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    St. George, UT
    I'll be excited to hear what it is. You have to let us know when you find out :)

5. jaredthefox

jaredthefox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2015
    Marshall Texas
    I got a black cochin[​IMG]

6. Princess Silkie

Princess Silkie New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Ohio
    Sambi89, I will most certainly let you know what I get.

Jeredthefox, that is one adorable chicken.

7. amynrichie

amynrichie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Nebraska Panhandle
    I have gotten a dark brahma cockeral, and a old English game bantam cockeral. We didn't keep either one.

8. jaredthefox

jaredthefox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2015
    Marshall Texas
    It seems like they only give out males as their free exotic chick. Mine is a male as well

9. cmf12230

cmf12230 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2015
    Shavertown, PA
    I didn't order any roos for my flock figuring the mystery chick would be one. Only time will tell... I have no clue what it is but here is a picture!! [​IMG]

10. DoublePlusGood

DoublePlusGood Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2015
    Port Townsend, WA
    Ordered 25 Ameraucana / Easter Egger chicks from McMurray. Post office called me at 6:15 this morning to come pick them up. All happy & healthy!!

My mystery chick is a white crested black polish. I am wondering if they sent two mystery chicks though. I have 27 chicks total, but I should have only 26. Anyone ever gotten two mystery chicks with their 25 chick order? Or is the extra probably just an extra Easter Egger?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by