What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chicken farmer, Jan 13, 2015.

1. chicken farmer

chicken farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    I'd love to see all your free mystery/exotic/rare breed chick you got from Murray Mcmurray!! I ordered 26 pullet chicks a few weeks ago and got a nice variety of breeds and I can't wait,they should be here February 2nd and it's the first time I've ever ordered from a hatchery. Anyway please tell me what you got and post pictures [​IMG][​IMG]

2. NinjiChicki

NinjiChicki Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2014
    Ocean Springs, MS
    In our last order we got a Easter Egger roo!
    He got named Ruffles before he was even out of the box. -We didn't know he was a he at the time, but had a pretty good feeling he was.-
    A few pictures~

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. chicken farmer

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    Nice looking boy!! I heard they usually give ameracauna roosters since there surplus most of the time

4. chicken farmer

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    Anyone else?[​IMG]

5. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    My order arrives around the 26th. I will let you know then.

6. chicken farmer

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    [​IMG]

7. NinjiChicki

NinjiChicki Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2014
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Thank you! We love him to bit.
    Not sure if it's usually Easter eggers they send, but I would say that most of the time they are roos.

Our first batch was a Dominique, was super sweet and pretty sure was a roo. Unfortunately we had an outbreak of coccidiosis and lost all but our 3 Dark Cornish. -We do a preventative dose on new babies now.-

[​IMG]

Our final batch was a Rainbow layer group.. So I'm not really sure who is the extra.. I think it might be the Turken though since it's the only one like it in the group.
    No idea if this one is a roo yet.. Only 12 weeks old this week.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not sure why I said Ruffles was our last group.. Probably because he's my favorite. [​IMG]

8. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    I ordered the rainbow layers too !! I think your turken is a girl. A couple years ago I ordered the brown egg layer assortment and never figured out which was the exotic since I got a light brahma which we ate , a buff Cochin which got stolen and a white jersey giant that we still have. We call her baby Huey because that's who she reminded us of when she was a baby.

9. chicken farmer

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    Yea they are both good looking chickens and I ordered turkens too I love there looks

10. Kadu

Kadu Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Fayetteville, AR
    Hey Quick question, how do you add the mystery chick? I'm placing my order tomorrow, and it would be great to know that =D
    Thank you =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by