What we do with pregnant stray cats (do not be afraid to look)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Sep 14, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, about 2 weeks ago some pond scum not worthy of the title "human" decided to drop this beautiful little white cat at my house. The first belly rub showed me why...she is recently pregnant. *sigh* just what I needed. Anyway, I tell my hubby about her and he says "oh, don't get attached". I assure him that our 4 bratty girls are more than enough and I WILL be re-homing the little darling. Can't bring her inside so I am stressing over that (my cats would kill her, I just KNOW it). Get her checked and she is the picture of health and it is agreed that she has been living indoors until the monsters decided to dump her. Anyway, my cats are not as evil as I thought. [​IMG] Here is how "Abby" spent the entire day today. [​IMG] She WILL be re-homed, but she will be happy as long as she is here. [​IMG] Sorry, they are low quality cell phone pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Awww, she's such a pretty kitty! Apparently those people don't care about pets, I couldn't do something like that! You're gonna have some gorgeous kittens, hope u can find homes for them! Good luck and God Bless!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    good luck finding a new home for her. I've NEVER been a fan of cats, but I hear they can be very loving.

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    She sure looks like she's comfy. Maybe you can post an add at the vets office or at the SPCA. Just a thought.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, cjeanean, I really want to re-home her now, but I am almost excited to see how pretty these babies are going to be!!! [​IMG]

I know getting a home now would be close to impossible anyway and she is welcome here as long as is needed. I jsut wish people were more responsible. Yes, I will be posting ads for her and the kittens as soon as they are old enough. I may try now, but like I said, think it will be impossible to find someone to take her. She is soooooooooo sweet though. [​IMG]

I know lots of people aren't that fond of cats, but honestly, I don't think I could live without one!!! [​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Can you ship her?

just kidding... [​IMG]

You know my 7 yr. old dd keeps saying she needs a white cat now because she already has a black one...and one with kittens would be icing on the cake. ha ha.

But alas...we don't need anymore...5 is plenty.

me,
    g

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:LOL...trust me, I KNOW! My 4 are a former stray and her daughters and I DO NOT want more!!! She had one male I re-homed because I prefer female animals (maybe because I have a husband and 3 sons!!! LOL) and they are plenty!!!

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    giggle giggle...you sound like me...most of my animals were female then I married and he said HE needed a dog and got a male dog...

...who by the way, he said would be HIS dog and he'd take it to work...i knew I'd end up with 2 dogs tagging along side me.

...can't take the dog when it's hot outside...can't take the dog if your snow plowing and have a helper in the passenger seat...can't take the dog to Iraq either.

My stipulation was---soon as our baby can walk...then you can get a dog. He's a great dog too...glad I picked him out. Great with all the animals and kids. ha ha.

me,
    g

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....men can really be so funny. One of our cats "belongs" to my husband. [​IMG] She turned out looking just like a Siamese (her mother is a calico, so pretty strange) and he LOVES Siamese. [​IMG] He just hates it when I say "Oh, Lucy is such a mommy's girl"!!! LOL

Now I have "his" chickens in the incubator (La Fleche..his dream chicken). I was instructed that while caring for them I am to encourage them to love him ONLY!!! [​IMG] He won't get to live with them until he gets done with 15 months in Turkey so it is going to take some serious convincing of those chickens I am afraid!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Be careful if you decide to rehome her before she has the kittens.
    As sad as it is,people have been known to take pregnant cats and wait till they have kittens, then feed the kittens to their large snake,etc. its cheaper then buying and feeding large rats or young rabbits.

She is such a pretty girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by