What we got ourselves into

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 92caddy, Sep 6, 2009.

1. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    With in 2 weeks, my partner has had 3 family members pass and then a neighbor was killed by his tractor, he fell off and was ran over.

On Monday July 27th I get a call from BIL that other BIL was taken to the hospital, things look really bad, everyone needs to get there ASAP. So I call my partmer at work to tell him the news, he rushes home, his brother is dieing, his liver and kidneys have all shut down, he is not expected to make it thur the night. He makes it til friday, we get the call at 7am that he is going, everyone needs to get there ASAP, so we all rush there, but he passes before any of us get there. He leaves behind 3 young boys, 16, 14 and 13, which will be homeless now. Their mother has be declared unfit and is not allowed to have them. All 3 of the boys have been in and out of foster homes, they have been in so much trouble and have caused alot of trouble in the past. So grandma wants to take them in and care for them, but she cant cause of her age and health, none of the other kids want anything to do with them, so everyone looks at us. I want to run and hide. So we have a looong talk with grandma, she will take 2, the oldest and the youngest, we will take the middle one cause he is the worst. Well now grandma finds out her cancer is back, this is the 4th time, we will end up taking in the youngest one Im sure, cause he is a handful alot of times.

BIL had no insurance, so we ended up paying for the funeral and all so that the boys know that their daddy had a proper burial. We spent 3 days moving the boys stuff and cleaning the place up, it was a real mess, we hauled out I know 30 bags of trash. I dont know how anyone could have lived like that.

It has been to appt. after appt. with the case workers, the schools, the lawyers and so on. Plus all the money we have spent on these appts. We are going nuts, in circles it seems. We have been driving them back and forth to the school they are in now, thats a 45 min. drive one way. They dont want to change schools, but we cant keep up driving them that far or afford it.

So far we have not had any problems with the boy, but we told him how it was going to be before he moved in, we will not put up with the things and stuff he and his brothers do or have done in the past. We have rules and he must respect them or he will be punished.

I know its a matter of time before we get the youngest and I know we will have our hands full with him.

We didnt have to take any of them, but we felt it was the right thing to do, cause if we didnt, they would have went to foster homes. We have temp. gaurdian of them til Oct. 22nd, thats when the hearing is, hopefully after that they will be ours.

I know its going to be rough at times, but I know we can do it if we set our minds to it. The boys need alot of TLC, a firm hand and someone to show them right from wrong, there will be bumbs in the road, but we can get thru this if we all work together.

Send us all the good vibes, thoughts and prayers that you can, we really could use them all right now. Thanks...............

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Wishing you all the luck and many prayers your way. [​IMG]

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Hang in there. Sounds like you have a long road ahead of you.
    I wish you the best and good luck. [​IMG]

4. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Here's [​IMG] and a basket full of prayers - I am sure that you guys will be such a blessing for these boys and provide a great home.

5. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Thanks so much...............

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    There's a foster parenting thread on the family section, feel free to swing on by.

7. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I will be praying for you and yor family. Best of luck and God Bless-

Terrah

8. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    wow... all i have to say is.. wow. i can't believe how loving and caring you two have to be to bring in teenage boys.. ones that have had some *issues* in the past. show them all the love and TLC you can and bring them up right [​IMG] i am happy to know that they have someone who is willing to help them out. I am praying for you two to have all the strength you can get:)

Sue

9. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You took on a lot more than I would have. I hope it works out well for all.

10. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    that is soo good of you to do that....my best friend from high school died a few years back leaving 3 kids, there father moved in new girl friend with in 3 weeks of her death and then desided that he no longer wanted them. they were sent to live with her sister....after a few months of having her 3 and my friends 3 kids, she called socail workers to come and pick my Bf kids up...all 3 kids ended up in diffrent fosters homes..i feel really sorry for thoses kids!!..
    i wish you luck with the kids!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by