What/Which is the Murray free rare chick

csharpdev

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2016
Massachusetts
I ordered chicks from Murray McMurray and included the free rare chick but can't figure out what it is...or even which one it might be.

The breeds I ordered (all female) are:
Araucanas/Ameraucanas
Black Australorps
New Hampshires

All hatched 02/22/2017.

Rare chic candidates:

#1: All white. Is she of a variation of a NH? or the rare chick?

#2 Different colored Ameraucana? Or the rare chick. colors don't match the other Ameraucana but are similar. Front is white though.

3# Big bird. This one looks similar to the NH's but with less coloration and is by far the largest bird. Rare chick? did I get a Roo?

Your free chick is the #2 - it's a golden laced wyandotte :) The others are just various colors of Easter Eggers.

They are Easter Eggers, by the way, and not Ameraucanas or Araucanas.

Your free chick is the #2 - it's a golden laced wyandotte
smile.png
The others are just various colors of Easter Eggers.

They are Easter Eggers, by the way, and not Ameraucanas or Araucanas.

Thanks for the help. The mystery is solved. We've all been speculating for since they arrived which one might be the rare bird. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that #2 started looking different.

Araucanas/Ameraucanas is what they were listed as but the descriptions says the bloodlines are a mix of both...which I guess would mean they are neither. As long as they lay colored eggs I don't really care what they are.

I wish I counted them as I unpacked them from the shipping box. The packing slip said they put in an extra NH but they must have also put in an extra easter eggers because one died and if #1 and #3 are easter eggers I have 1 more than I bought.

First, the free chick is usually a male.

Second, seems to be a lot of comb for the age, and a good amount of pink.

Back
Top Bottom