What/who am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by calichicks, Jun 27, 2010.

1. calichicks

calichicks New Egg

Jun 10, 2010
    Los Gatos
    My name is Serena and I am having an identity crisis-I was hoping to be a hen but I'm worried I might be a rooster - I am a 9 1/2 week old bantam and I was told I was a plymouth rock - can you help me???

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am going with pullet. At 9 1/2 weeks, I would hope to see a much redder comb. Do you have a picture of the tail / saddle area?

3. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    NIiiicccceee Really Nice coop in the background [​IMG]

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    It's a boy and not Rock

5. calichicks

calichicks New Egg

Jun 10, 2010
    Los Gatos
    Here are some more photos of myself in my coop- I get along with all of the other girls (the big girl there is Harriet, I am the only bantam), but if I start crowing I will have to find another place to live.[​IMG] My comb is coming in black but it looks like it will be red soon - I'm almost 10 weeks old. If I'm not a rock then I'd like to know what I am, so if you have any good guesses I'd like to know- Thanks for your help

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Definitely not a Barred Rock. It looks a little roo-ish to me even though the comb is not red yet. It's a little big... Maybe a OEGB, do they come in black? Not sure what type breed it is, sorry!

7. calichicks

calichicks New Egg

Jun 10, 2010
    Los Gatos
    I think the jury's still out on the gender question, my comb is coming in black and it is huge for my small bantam size but I am 10 weeks old so I think I need to wait another week or so ???? but I would like some guesses on breed if anyone has any let me know.

Thanks

8. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Yeah, Black OEGB.. I think cockerel too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by