What will a muscovy Pekin cross look LIke????

RockwaterFarm

Songster
9 Years
Feb 17, 2010
East Hartland, CT
Can someone post a picture of what a muscovy pekin cross would lokk like, i would really like to breed them this year. i like to experiment with stuff like that. thanks

Last edited:
I don't have any pictures but I'm pretty sure it will look like a duck.
lau.gif

so they have muscovy coloring but no curuncles. thats what i wanted, are they big like the muscovies or are they pekin size? and do they quack or are they quiet. Thanks
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

Didn't know if you knew or not but just thought i would throw out the fact that any crosses you make between the two will be mules.

Last edited:
This is the only one I ever had, I adopted it. It rarely quacked & was about Pekin-sized but it wasn't fully mature in these pictures(or before i lost it). This particular one was a hen so the males may get bigger. From all the pics I have seen of Mule ducks, they do not have caruncles. I am sure they will come out with all kinds of different color patterns depending on the color of Muscovy you breed the Pekins to. The lady I adopted this one from just happened to have only Black Muscovies.

Quote:
are you planning on breeding them for meat? there's no real other market for them. there's one guy near me that buys "pretty" ducks because he has customers that buy them for their ponds/lakes, but that's the only other person i have seen buy them for something besides meat, mosty because they can't reproduce.

Im just planning on having them around the yard. my mom doesnt like the caruncles on the muscovies but loves their coloring, so i thought i would give her what she wants..... a duck with nice coloring and no "acne" as she calls it. i also like to experiment with breeding ducks and other poultry.

Back
Top Bottom