What will a white leghorn/bantam blue cochin mix look like?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by reveriereptile, May 11, 2008.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I just had some chicks hatch out today and I got looking at them and one of the white ones has feathers on its legs. Some local Amish gave us a pair of bantam blue cochins during the winter. So far I think I've only gotten one egg (smaller and lighter brown) from the hen. We had all the chickens together and been collecting the eggs and seperated the leghorns out of the group over a month ago. The chick seems more soft and longer fluff feathers than the others. I was wondering if it will look like a white cochin or just a white leghorn with leg feathers. If it is going to be fuzzy then I will want to sort it out to keep it when I go to sell the others. I like the cochins and RIR the best out of the three. Got our first pure RIR chick today also.

2. jessica117

jessica117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    SE Tennessee
    We hatched a batch with a barred rock roo and a black standard cochin hen and the babies were almost all barred but they didn't have the cochin look. They just had a few feathers down their legs and very few on the outside toes. That's the only cochin mixes I've dealt with.

3. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I may keep it around just to see what it looks like. I'll have to get some pictures sometime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by