What colour will offspring be

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-233042_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-233042_Gallery.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20220805-WA0097.jpg
    IMG-20220805-WA0097.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2
Uhh, the genetics are hard for this because a leaky black can be many things.
I am not sure what the male is heterozygous for, but he has one copy of extended black. Or maybe birchen? Parentage? In the meantime, I’m going to say he is half wheaten for simplicities sake, but in reality he could also be half partridge. There are so many unknowns.
Here is what the chicks *should* look like but I am not sure so don’t take this as gospel.
Males will be either black with golden (gold/silver heterozygous) leakage, black with silver leakage, blue with golden leakage (like their father), blue with silver leakage, golden wheaten (or partridge/wheaten), silver wheaten, blue golden wheaten, and blue silver wheaten. All with a high chance of autosomal red.
Females will be the same as the males but instead of the “golden” ones they will be purely gold since females only need one copy to be gold.

I am not sure what the male is heterozygous for, but he has one copy of extended black. Or maybe birchen? Parentage? In the meantime, I’m going to say he is half wheaten for simplicities sake, but in reality he could also be half partridge. There are so many unknowns.
Here is what the chicks *should* look like but I am not sure so don’t take this as gospel.
Males will be either black with golden (gold/silver heterozygous) leakage, black with silver leakage, blue with golden leakage (like their father), blue with silver leakage, golden wheaten (or partridge/wheaten), silver wheaten, blue golden wheaten, and blue silver wheaten. All with a high chance of autosomal red.
Females will be the same as the males but instead of the “golden” ones they will be purely gold since females only need one copy to be gold.
The mother of the lemon blue rooster is pure blue

The mother of the lemon blue rooster is pure blue the hen is pearl laced

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-233042_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-233042_Gallery.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom