What will my mutts look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by happymorrows, Dec 22, 2010.

1. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    So, what are my little mutts going to look like? The rooster they all came from was a Dominique. I have a flock of BO, BR, SLW and EEggers. Just curious, I'm sure they will all be wonderful no matter what...their chickens after all!

Most likely a BO hen x Dominique Roo. Came from a brown egg. The yellow makes me think BO mama as my other options are BR and SLW although I do have an EE that lays a non-blue egg. Ugh!
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure this one came from the blue egg (dark beak and legs) so it's the EEgger cross
    [​IMG]

You can't see the third as well cause my little EEgger cross from the pic above is in the way, but I think this one is the BR cross. Looks just like my BRs did as chicks. I am assuming this one will feather out barred.
    [​IMG]

Thanks! Any input is appreciated. Pictures are too!

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I'm suprised you got that one with the yellow coloring, from a pure Dom roo I would think they would all be pretty much black barred like the bottom two as chicks. But they should all be barred, that yellow one would just have a bunch of gold leakage.

3. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks! I did get a new roo, (the Dom and I did not get along) an EEgger, but he wasn't loose with the ladies at the time that this one went broody. I marked the eggs, so I know the ones under her are the ones she started with.

Here is a picture of the Dom. He is from Murray McMurray
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by