What will the chick look like

Jomini

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 26, 2014
East Texas "Marshall"
Does anyone know what the chicks will look like if the following hens eggs are fertilized by a Columbian Wyandotte rooster.......
cuckoo marans egg
Speckled Sussex egg
Barnevelder egg
Golden laced wyandotte egg .
If u haven't guessed yet I have a Columbian Wyandotte rooster...

Does anyone know what the chicks will look like if the following hens eggs are fertilized by a Columbian Wyandotte rooster.......
cuckoo marans egg
Speckled Sussex egg
Barnevelder egg
Golden laced wyandotte egg .
If u haven't guessed yet I have a Columbian Wyandotte rooster...

Ignore me, it's late. At first I thought you were asking what color eggs the resulting pullets would lay. Doh!

I'm guessing that since you said Ameraucana but didn't list a color, that you really have an EE. That means the chick could be anything because who knows what the breeding is. The others... don't know. Once you start mixing things, genetics gets tricky.

Last edited:
cuckoo marans egg classic black sex links Black barred males and basically black solid females
Speckled Sussex egg

Barnevelder egg black patterned silver incomplete laced pullets, and black patterned yellow/golden incomplete laced cockerels

Golden laced wyandotte egg .basically the same as the barnevelder.

Info came from the chicken calculator. They don't have any color I can ID as speckled sussex. I do know the speckled is recessive, and the birds themselves are I think mahogany. Not sure what color to use on that.

Ignore me, it's late. At first I thought you were asking what color eggs the resulting pullets would lay. Doh!

I'm guessing that since you said Ameraucana but didn't list a color, that you really have an EE. That means the chick could be anything because who knows what the breeding is. The others... don't know. Once you start mixing things, genetics gets tricky.

Lol.... It's okay thanks for the info... I guess they are EE's ... All mine are still young but my mom says she wants chicks from me... And she asked what they would look like.... I have no idea.

cuckoo marans egg  classic black sex links Black barred males and basically black solid females

Speckled Sussex egg

Barnevelder egg black patterned silver incomplete laced pullets, and black patterned yellow/golden incomplete laced cockerels

Golden laced wyandotte egg .basically the same as the barnevelder.

Info came from the chicken calculator. They don't have any color I can ID as speckled sussex. I do know the speckled is recessive, and the birds themselves are I think mahogany. Not sure what color to use on that.

Thanks so much... I will look up the chicken calculator... I had never heard of that before

Back
Top Bottom