What words can your dogs "spell"?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Aug 31, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So far Jax and Kane can spell cookie, vet, out, bye-bye, Tyler (our GS), cow and go.

We've resorted to speaking pig latin.

What words can your dog(s) spell?

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Songster

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Out and cheese, I started calling it the yellow stuff.

3. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    LOL, ours can spell t-r-e-a-t and o-u-t-s-i-d-e. [​IMG]

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Spook could spell out, out in reversed spelling--tuo, we got her with uto but she would have gotten it eventually we tried "not in" but she figured that one too, lol, truck-also in reverse, eat, cat, cheese, and bed.

5. Dar

Dar Crowing

Jul 31, 2008
    cookie, walk and klaw (walk backwards),leash, car seat, and if we spell a-b-b-y she will get all excited cause she knows we are talking about her

6. Amyable

Amyable Songster

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Aries can spell W-A-L-K. [​IMG]

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I don't have any dogs, but my best friend has a big, sweet, beautiful AST female who LOVES to ride in the car. Now Pat can no longer say any of the following words w/o Sugar's bolting for the door: go , car, van, ride, travel, out, outside, leave, and she can't even SPELL go, van, ride, or out. When I pick them up for and drop them off from church Sugar always has to come outside and greet / speak to me. [​IMG] We've taken to referring to "exit" and "transportation", but I'm sure it won't be long until she's got those figured out, too.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    car, ride, leash, out, binky (the ferret toy that was taken over by the Shih Tzu).

9. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:my parents dogs are the same way. They also know what a "you know what" is. They tried to use that for treat. Also R-I-D-E

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Out, cookie, cheese and go.

They can also tell what you are opening in the kitchen. For example...string cheese will get Allie up from a dead sleep and the sound of the lunch meat drawer opening can move Mitzy when not even a backhoe can.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by