What would a Cochin crossed with a buff look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rooster brandon., Nov 2, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Does it look like a buff with no butt and black feathers right above the butt does any one have any pics of this cross?

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    rooster brandon. :

Does it look like a buff with no butt and black feathers right above the butt does any one have any pics of this cross?

What color Cochin?
    Buff? What Breed?

Chris​

3. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    the orange cochin and buff

4. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    Sounds like a Buff Cochin (haven't heard of an orange one, Or is it a red one from Ideal)?
    You will probably end up with Buff chickens (some with and some without) feathering on their legs.[​IMG]

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    What Buff breed are you talking about ? Buff is a color, not a breed, Buff is the yellow/orange color that I think you are referring to in Cochins, so it would be a Buff Cochin with a Buff ?what?....... a Buff Orpington maybe ??? Either way if you are breeding buff to buff you are going to get buff colored chickens, but if you could help us pin down the other breed you are talking about, we may be able to give you an idea what the offspring will look like as far as shape and body features.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by