What would cause hens to pick at the feet/rear of a HUGE roo?

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
OK, I went to pick up a bunny I bought, and the lady was explaining that her hens were picking on her HUGE roo - Light BRahma, very nice roo, but the hens picked on him ALL THE TIME to where his feet and butt were bleeding...............what would cause that?

It doesn't take anything being wrong for hens to pick on roosters. Alot of them do it all the time simply because they can. Roosters tend to submit to their hens' wills because they want to please them. It really stinks that the boys won't man up and give it back to the girls in full.
duc.gif
Alot of my boys have lost precious feathers that way. The only thing that has ever worked (keeping my fingers crossed, because no more pecking has started up since
fl.gif
) was getting rid of the nasty, aggressive hens.

BUT, because I don't know the condition of the flock, there is that slim chance that there are other problems. Hens can be going after the easiest target because they are being deprived of PROTEIN that feathers contain. Also, do they have enough room? How many roosters are present? How many hens? Even the little things can matter.

The softies always get it!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom