what would happen if i put 2 roos in together

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Sep 25, 2011.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i need to bring my other rooster back home. wondering if one will kill the other. one is 7 months old the other is 2 years old that i need to bring back . they were introduced earlier this summer and my oldest roo was going after the young one. now that the young roo is getting bigger they might get along.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They might get along, but in reality they are far more likely to have a knockdown dragout fight.

3. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    like all chickens being add ro each other will fight so they will stop when the top dog is found out between the two

4. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I put them in a crate for a few days before including them into the flock. I currently have 3 roosters that free range with the hens and sleep in the coop at night with the hens. I have 3 in pens cause they dont get along with 1 of the free roosters. If I see a fight I pick them up right away before it goes to far and put the one chasing up, the one running I let roam free. I have 0 tolerance for aggression.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by