What would I call this missing piece on this sewing machine? Pic

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by WriterofWords, May 18, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I want to try and find the missing pieces for this machine. Would it the bobbin cover?
    [​IMG]

2. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Mmm....expansion table.

ETA
    Not sure how easy those would be to find. If you have a local sewing machine repair shop, you could check there. Or better yet, contact Brother and see what they have to say. Might be that they can guide you in the right direction.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you!

4. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    if you hve a local Sears store, call their service department, they can order your parts

5. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Quote:My pleasure. [​IMG]

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    BTW....the bobbin cover is the thing the bobbin fits into on this type of machine. You pop the bobbin into the cover and work the thread up. The piece that's missing??????????............I know, but at the moment have NO IDEA.

It's like trying to remember the title to a movie that you love, but you go brain dead.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Looks like you are missing the slide on box that holds the spare parts, tools and makes the working area complete.

It is the Accessory Storage/Extension Table in my sewing machine instruction book.

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The door that fold down to cover the bobbin and the accessory holder yes! Thank you! It was donated to us and works, we just keep getting things caught in the bobbin because of having no cover. We are at the moment, covering it with a piece of card stock when we use it.

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I have a spare one, the machine my erik knocked over was one like that (slightly different decals, but same section). Since mine doesn't work, I won't miss it, I checked and it fits my embroidery machine (also a brother).

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Is that an offer? I don't want assume lol! If it is wonderful! If it isn't that's ok too it means I might be able to find a part somewhere that is interchangeable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by