What would I get from these orpingtons?!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im getting 8+ lavender/black orpington hatching eggs of BYC, and I was wondering what I would get if I crossed these to colors together? 50% of each?

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, we have split/black orpingtons.... I'm not sure if you're referring to our listing or not but here's the statistics (sample was on a group of 30+ hens - ours is a smaller flock so the percentage results may be a little different:

As our listing says "Babies from Group #2 will be visually black or lavender. In terms of genetics, Split x Spit will yield on an average 25% Lavendar, 50% Split Black Lavendars, and 25% Black Orpingtons. This means they will be either black or lavendar to the eye. The lavs will breed true , the 50% refers to those that will carry the Split Black lavendar gene and the other group is purely a Black Orpington (not carrying the lavendar gene)..

Hope this helps....Nancy

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Oh! Yes, I want to get them from you! Lol. Please PM me! Lol! And I guess I missed that. Lol! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by