What would I get?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 18, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I put some khaki X rouen eggs in the bator. (mothers are khakis, and father is a rouen) Since the drake is a dark color, and the hens are a light color, would that mean I would get sexlinked ducklings?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. TammyC

TammyC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Well with my pekin/rouen mix the Mom is white and daddy black with some pretty greens and purple in him and I got some beautifil white under and black on top babies..

3. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Duckgirl89, you need it the other way round to get sexlinked babies - Khaki father and Rouen mother. With what you have all the offspring will be coloured like Mallards (or Rouens - it's the same pattern).

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    70%cocoa :

Duckgirl89, you need it the other way round to get sexlinked babies - Khaki father and Rouen mother. With what you have all the offspring will be coloured like Mallards (or Rouens - it's the same pattern).

I dont really care what they look like since im only keeping two babies as pets. And thank you so much. So they will look nothing like the khakis? At all? (not that I care)​

5. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    No, not like Khakis. They should all look like Rouens. But if you crossed those babies you might get some that look like Khakis (and some that were like mallards, some like chocolate mallards and some that were like Dark Campbells). [​IMG]

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    70%cocoa :

No, not like Khakis. They should all look like Rouens. But if you crossed those babies you might get some that look like Khakis (and some that were like mallards, some like chocolate mallards and some that were like Dark Campbells). [​IMG]

Wow! Really?! Thats cool! To bad I cant have any more of ducks after these two.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by