What would it look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wbruder17, May 9, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I just hatched 2 chicks thag are from a white crested black polish roo and a brown leghorn hen. Any idea what they will look like? Right now they are little blackish/dark gray with white under bellies and chins. They have black heads on top with small bumps where the crest look like they will start, but not as predominant as the pure bred polish chicks I looked up.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Nobody has ANY polish mixed chickens? No photos to share? Not even a comment on how I shouldn't be interbreeding chickens?

3. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Nobody has ANY polish mixed chickens? No photos to share? Not even a comment on how I shouldn't be interbreeding chickens?

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    be patient and you will get answers.

5. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Well, after my initial "impatience" going a few pages into the thread....still no responses, so im just wondering now if noone has a polish mix?

6. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The birds should be black and leak some white- females may show some white on the head, neck and breast while males will most likely show some white ( not too much) in the pyle zone and maybe the breast. They will have crests and have a body type like a polish. They will have green shanks and feet.

I have not worked out the genetics of the white creasted black polish- this is my best guess.

Tim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by