What would these crosses look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Anna_MN, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I have an ameraucana rooster. I am curious as to how these crosses would look if I decided to hatch some eggs. Have any of you hatched any chicks from these crosses? Show me some pictures!

Columbian Wyandottes
    Rhode Island Reds
    Gold Stars
    Welsummers
    Cuckoo Marans
    Blue Andalusians
    Buff Orpingtons

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    Anyone? All guesses are welcome!

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    What color is the Ameraucana? Ameraucanas come in more than one color [​IMG] So that's the ticket. Although if he's that chick in your avatar he's not an Ameraucana, and it is hard to answer your question without an adult pic as Easter Eggers (what are often sold as Ameraucanas) vary in many odd colors.

Whatever color the rooster is though, Cuckoo Marans and he will make mostly black barred males with leakage of some sort and most black (or possibly blue or the sort) females without barring. Crossed with Gold Stars may give a chance of mostly white birds, crossed with Blue Andalusians will give a chance of 50% or better of mostly blue offspring.

4. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
  5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Columbian Wyandottes - Sex-linked offspring, females will be mostly buff columbian looking, males will look like most EE roosters; black yellow white and red.

Reds - Mostly orangey buff colored birds in both genders.

Same with Gold Sex-Links although you may get some white carriers too, rather identical looking to the sex-link hen/mothers.

Welsummers - Males will look like dad, females will look sort of like Welsummers but with lighter breasts and less burgandy coloration.

Cuckoos - Sex-linked, males will be black and gold barred, females will be black.

Andalusians - 50/50 blue and black offspring with leakage Males may have white and yellow leakage.

Orpingtons - Mostly gold, bits of random black here and there though they will vary. Some will be more or less black.

If the Ameraucana is true and pure and of good type concerning the beard, all the offspring should be bearded. Most will have slate blue/pinkish colored legs. Some might have pink/white legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by