What would you call these colors? *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. EastinChickens

EastinChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Michigan
    Hi-
    I am relatively new to Easter Eggers, and after doing much research, I have no idea what you would call these colors.
    Can you help me out a little? [​IMG] (Sorry for bad pics... was using my Flip camera.)

Here is EE #1- Pullet (She is white with a cinnamon color mixed in... but has a lavender colored head...?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is EE #2- Roo (Lots of different colors and patterns)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. EastinChickens

Apr 4, 2010
    Michigan
    Anyone?

3. FlyingFChick

FlyingFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Milford, Michigan
    I had this "ee snob" lady tell me that since EE are mixed breeds and not true that they don't have colors! Well, obviously they do! Your #1 looks SORT OF like mine (in the picture she looks like she has a bluish tint). Mine is darker, but has the cinnamon markings and her head is darker. She is the one I asked about and only got that snobby answer. We named her Periwinkle, but don't really know what "color" she is. Here is her picture!

[​IMG]

Either way, color or no, you have a beautiful chicken!

Have you been to the Michigan board? There are many nice people on there! Go to the social section and then to the Where am I, Where are you? board and look for Michigan.

I hope you get an answer to your question!!!

4. EastinChickens

Apr 4, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:Thanks for your reply!
    No, I haven't been to the Michigan board, but I will be sure to check it out. [​IMG]

I just love your EE, so pretty! [​IMG]
    Anyway, Just wanted to say thanks for your imput! [​IMG]

5. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Hmm they looked like they have color to me-- [​IMG]

I guess what she meant is that they dont breed true to color --like if you breed BBS ameraucana's you are only supposed to get BBS ameraucana's.

Whatever I breed ends up pulling up the recessive genes and I always get some off color chick no matter what I have tried to breed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by