What would you call this color?

subhanalah

Crowing
5 Years
Took these today outside. I'm wondering about the little white/grey-blue color/patterned chick.

Last edited:
Quote:
dont worry about the Napkin, thats the last thing I see when determining a birds genome on looks.. that appearst to be a Blue Tailed red bird(cant tell sex by pic) basically a columbian restricted bird that show blue on the black feathers(which are restricted to tail and fly feathers)

Quote:
dont worry about the Napkin, thats the last thing I see when determining a birds genome on looks.. that appearst to be a Blue Tailed red bird(cant tell sex by pic) basically a columbian restricted bird that show blue on the black feathers(which are restricted to tail and fly feathers)
wow, I don't even think I know what that means. Can you um...dumb it down for me a little bit? Links or pictures of what you mean? Please forgive!

Quote:
the following pullets are Buff columbian the only difference between them and your birds could be that they show black/blue feathers on the neck hackle,(which your bird may actually show but I cant see it now) now one hen has a black taild and the other one a blue tailed.. now your bird appears to be red enhanced, making it red/orange instead of buff
CJRBuffcohens.jpg
a light blue(tailed color) or Splash tailed buff pair
DSC00091.jpg
dark blue buff columbian with more red on him,
BlueBuffColumbianinHolland.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom