What would you call this plumage on runner duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by littlenell1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. littlenell1

littlenell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    UK
    She is from my first hatch, and I thought she was going to be a beige colour but she seems more silver than anything.
    Others in the group are black/white, grey/white and plain white...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Looks like a silver from other pics I have seen....but I could be wrong - that has happened before once or twice.

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Maybe Silver or Lilac.

4. littlenell1

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Is it an unusual colour- good or bad outcome? I don't recall seeing any on adverts etc over here. Not that it matters really, more for me to know. She is going to a neighbours pond with the rest of the first hatch, but I am very tempted to keep her...she has a lovely temperament too.

Here she is with siblings and abacot ranger ducks

[​IMG]

5. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Good outcome I would say. I just got 2 silver runner ducklings today...I believe that the lilac and silver are a rarer coloration.

6. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    hmmm i may have silver insted of fawns

7. littlenell1

May 25, 2011
    UK
    These are the parents. I did not use any method for first hatch and got some tiny ducklings.
    [​IMG]

First hatch from which this one is from.

[​IMG]

Second hatch I only incubated the heaviest eggs, and got mainly black/white ducklings.

Once the beige/white or fawns are a little older, hopefully they will lay some bigger eggs!

8. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Up untill yesterday I had 8 this colour, some with more silver and some with wore white with a litrle silver, all splashed up different. I sold 4 drakes at the sale last night and kept a drake and 3 hens. I kept the darkest of the drakes, hes a beautiful smokey grey almost purple colour and the girls are silver spalshed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  9. littlenell1

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Gosh that is a lovely picture, they look fab together. Am so tempted to keep her or maybe try and work out which combination of duck/drake produced her...and try again!

10. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine are from a blue drake, hes in with a silver, a lav, blue, choc and f&w. I think they are from my silver and lav hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by