What would you call this plumage on runner duck?

littlenell1

Chirping
8 Years
May 25, 2011
UK
She is from my first hatch, and I thought she was going to be a beige colour but she seems more silver than anything.
Others in the group are black/white, grey/white and plain white...

93385_july_081.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a silver from other pics I have seen....but I could be wrong - that has happened before once or twice.

Is it an unusual colour- good or bad outcome? I don't recall seeing any on adverts etc over here. Not that it matters really, more for me to know. She is going to a neighbours pond with the rest of the first hatch, but I am very tempted to keep her...she has a lovely temperament too.

Here she is with siblings and abacot ranger ducks

93385_july_023.jpg

Good outcome I would say. I just got 2 silver runner ducklings today...I believe that the lilac and silver are a rarer coloration.

These are the parents. I did not use any method for first hatch and got some tiny ducklings.
93385_parentals.jpg

First hatch from which this one is from.

93385_runner_ducks_011.jpg

Second hatch I only incubated the heaviest eggs, and got mainly black/white ducklings.

Once the beige/white or fawns are a little older, hopefully they will lay some bigger eggs!

Up untill yesterday I had 8 this colour, some with more silver and some with wore white with a litrle silver, all splashed up different. I sold 4 drakes at the sale last night and kept a drake and 3 hens. I kept the darkest of the drakes, hes a beautiful smokey grey almost purple colour and the girls are silver spalshed.
silverducks014.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh that is a lovely picture, they look fab together. Am so tempted to keep her or maybe try and work out which combination of duck/drake produced her...and try again!

Back
Top Bottom