what would you do?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smokeyodie97, Jul 27, 2010.

1. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    I have a hova bator with a fan in it then I have a little giant still air incubator both has a turner.

2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I guess I don't understand the question. [​IMG] Sorry

3. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    You could easily use either. We have still air and they work great. Just in the still air keep the temp at 102 and in the circulating one at 99.5. We always have about a 90% or more hatch

4. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    I use the little giant still air incubator. [​IMG]

5. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    Sorry, this is what I meant, I have a Little Giant still air incubator and a hovabater 1588 with a fan both with turners. Should I use the one with the fan for the first 18 days and then put them in lock down in the one with no fan. Or does it even matter? I have had no success with hatching yet, but I have 3 eggs that I candled and can now see leggs kicking around. I am very nervous and scared. I don't want to mess anything up.

6. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    I honestly don't think it should matter, but if you do use the still air make sure to keep the temp at 102 because the air isn't circulating so by the eggs themselves the temp is still 99.5. in the circulating make sure the temp reads 99.5. Humidity at that point is really important too. We just got a cheap digital thermometer with a humidity reading on it too, from walmart and we keep that in by our eggs so we make sure the humidity is right.

7. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    What would I do?--------------get more eggs and use both at the same time.

8. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] I can't believe all my incubators are empty.....it seems like I forgot something [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by