I've been put in an interesting situation with the company I am working for and I'm curious to hear what others say. The people I work with are not happy about what is going on at all, so it is difficult to get un-biased opinions! I currently work as an EMT and I travel about an hour to work at our current base. I work three days a week for 12 hour shifts. It costs me over $200 a month in gas for that commute and the miles put on my car each week is astronomical! I've been with the company for about 1 year and one month and I am considered full time. Recently I found out I was accepted to Vet school and will be leaving at some point to live in another state. Not sure yet about when I will be moving because it all depends on when apartments become available. It could be anywhere from May to August. I also found out that my job is planning to move us to a new base which would make my commute over an hour and a half each way (On a good day with no traffic). I was told today the move may be next week as they are deeming the building we are in as "not safe" due to a leak from a burst pipe. The pipe has since been taken care of, but they are worried about mold, or something to that effect. I was originally planning to leave this job in May or June, but this is throwing a wrench into my plans! I have applied for a full time position at a location closer to my house, but there is no garauntee I will get it. My other option is go down to per diem again and work the minimum number of hours. Basically, my major bill right now is my student loan from undergrad. I need to make at least that much (It's not a terribly large amount) and also enough to cover a few other small bills. I wasn't expecting to have to make this decision so soon. I was under the impression a company has to give 30 days notice before a major move, but I'm not sure if that changes when a building is considered "un-safe". This is not the first time they've made a major change in our location or scheduled shift times without 30 days notice though. This time, it just happens to affect me a good deal! I spoke to a boss today on the phone to try and get more information and he basically gave me little info and it doesn't seem like they are going to try and work with us much to make this transition smooth. I'm not sure what to do, so my question is, what would you do? Would you be mad about this? Apparently they are going to give us more info the beginning of next week for a possible move at the end of that week. That just doesn't seem like enough time, especially when most of us working will have a crazy commute with this move!