What would you expect to pay for this coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Need your opinions...

11916_coop.jpg

11916_coop2.jpg

Well it's tough to say, you do not mention it's dimensions. It IS nice looking though. My GUESS is it is 4 ft. wide by 10 ft. long. Itis a cute design. Are those silkies in there in the photo ?? I can't quite tell but it looks like CHICKEN WIRE right ?? I would change that out right away just to feel safe (we have hawks and such where I live).

GIve us a better description of the dimensions and what it is constructed of: i.e. 1x2's or whatever. A couple hundred bucks since it is painted and "ready to go" more or less. I would staple hardware cloth everywhere before putting my babies in there though.

In my area the coops seem to go for a lot of money. I think you're definitely fine at $200.

bigmike&nan :

GIve us a better description of the dimensions and what it is constructed of: i.e. 1x2's or whatever. A couple hundred bucks since it is painted and "ready to go" more or less. I would staple hardware cloth everywhere before putting my babies in there though.

Its 2x2's with plywood sheathing, and its 4x8. Total of 64 square feet of floorspace.

And yes its poultry netting but completely secure. I've gone outside to find an owl one time, and two times a hawk, perched on top the coop.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all! That gives me enough information for what I am doing. Materials have gone up SIGNIFICANTLY since I built this coop about 9 to 10 months ago. The sheets of plywood alone have gone up about $3 each, and the 2x2's nearly $1. I can only imagine what poultry netting or wire mesh is at now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom